Small strongyles are the #1 parasite in horses. These dangerous invaders are able to "encyst" or encapsulate in the horse's intestine, living inside a walled-off structure and resist ivermectin dewormers. Only Quest can penetrate this structure and kill deadly encysted small strongyles in one dose. And that's just one more reason to make Quest your clear choice for parasite control.
Directions & Dosage
Quest (moxidectin) 2% Equine Oral Gel isspecially formulated as a palatable gel which is easily administered to horsesand ponies.
Quest Gel is packaged in ready-to-use Sure-Dial syringes. The syringe iscalibrated in 50-pound increments, up to 1150 pounds. This enables theadministration of the recommended dose level of 0.4 mg moxidectin/kg body weightby choosing a setting consistent with the animal's weight.
How to set the dose: Since the dose is based on the weight of the animal, youneed to use a scale or weight tape to find each animal's weight before treatingwith QUEST Gel. Once the weight is known, set the dose for each horse or ponyas follows
1. Hold the syringe with the capped end pointing to the left and so that you cansee the weight measurements and tick marks (small black lines). Each tick markrelates to 50 lbs. of body weight.
2. Turn the green dial ring until the left side of the ring lines up with theweight of the animal.
How to give QUEST Gel to a horse or pony:
1. Make sure there is no feed in the animal's mouth.
2. Remove the cap from the end of the syringe. Save the cap for reuse.
3. Place the tip of the syringe inside the animal's mouth at the space betweenthe teeth.
4. Gently push the plunger until it stops, depositing the gel on the back of thetongue.
5. Remove the syringe from the animal's mouth and raise the animal's headslightly to make sure it swallows the gel.
6. Replace the syringe cap.
Treating a second horse or pony with the same syringe: If the first animal you treat weighs less than 1150 lbs., there will be gel left in the syringe. You can use this gel to treat other horses or ponies. To set the next dose, add the weight of the animal you want to treat to the dose setting already on thesyringe. For example, if the syringe was first used to treat a 250 lb. animal,the green dial ring is set on 250 lbs. To treat a 500 lb. animal next, move thegreen dial ring to the 750 lb. marking (250+500=750). You need more than onesyringe to treat horses weighing more than 1150 lbs.
Each syringe of Quest 2% Equine Oral Gel may be used to treat more than oneanimal especially when dosing foals, ponies and growing and lighter breeds ofhorses.
moxidectin/mL (2.0% w/v) - 20 mg